You’d think having lived in Nebraska my whole life, I’d get used to the polar vortex that takes over this time of year. Nope. Every winter it still feels like THE. coldest. winter. ever. In an attempt to make it feel a little less miserable, I whipped up this fruit salsa recipe. With a taste of summer in every bite, it certainly made me forget it was below zero outside! At least temporarily… ;)
This combination of fresh fruit makes for a delicious, healthy snack, any time of year. I will warn you though; it is completely addicting – in the best possible way.
- 1-1/3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1-1/3 cups chopped mango
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- mint leaves and lime wedges for garnish
- Toss together mango, strawberries, and pineapple in a medium bowl.
- Combine agave nectar, orange juice, and lime juice in a small bowl. Stir into fruit.
- Serve with your favorite chips.