We’re coming up on a year in our home in a few months. Throughout the last 365ish days, we’ve tackled some major projects – including flooring, a kitchen update, lighting, staircase refresh, and paint – just to name a few.
Our house came with the perfect bones + color palette. During the showing, we instantly fell in love with the elegant colonial style.
As we’ve added our own personal touches, I’ve been mindful of the character of the home. Our goal has always been to add some modern updates, while still complementing the original design.
The living room is one of the main spaces we hadn’t tackled yet. Sometimes you don’t know what you want to do in a room until you’ve lived somewhere for awhile, and that was definitely the case here. It was worth the wait!
I wanted our living room to be light, modern, cozy, and natural with a subtle boho twist. I will say my personal style has changed quite a bit over the last few years. 2015 Jillian was all about moody + vintage, and now I’m drawn to light, bright, and timeless.
For the color palette, I stuck to neutrals: whites, creams, and tans. Black was used as a minimal accent color, along with a few pops of dusty rose.
Light wood and marble accents give a nod to the entryway + kitchen, and ties the whole main level together. Woven baskets add texture and natural elements, along with a few intentional plants for some greenery.
Two couches give us a soft place to land, and the pillows + throws up the level of cozy.
The house now feels like a home, and I couldn’t be happier with how it came together!
(Decor and furniture sources linked below!)
Home Decor Sources
I’ve linked to each of the featured items below!
A huge thank you to Rush Market Omaha for providing many of the furniture + accent pieces. If you aren’t familiar with Rush Market, they have a HUGE selection of discounted home goods markets in Omaha, Des Moines, and Colorado Springs – or you can access their inventory online, they ship nationwide!
Code JILLIAN10 will get you a deal online and in person!
Tip: Where Rush Market is listed, I linked to the product category as there is typically only one or two of each item available. By the time you’re reading this, my specific items will be gone – BUT the good news is they may have something similar. Plus, a fresh batch of inventory is added every day, so you’ll be able to grab your own unique items!
- Couches // Gap Home Sofa, Oat
- Coffee Table // Rush Market
- End Table // Rush Market
- Console Table // Target
- Cabinet // Nathan James
Console Table + Shelf Accessories
- Shelves // Lowe’s (Painted White)
- White Picture Frames // Hobby Lobby
- Joy Comes in the Morning Art Print // The Anastasia Co
- There is Power in the Name of Jesus Art Print // The Anastasia Co
- Console Table Basket – Large // Target
- Console Table Basket – Small // Target
- Candlesticks // Amazon
- White Abstract Vase // Hobby Lobby
- Modern Bowl // Target
- Small Wooden Bead Tassel // The Modern Prism
- Small Vase // Amazon
- Light Wood Frames // Hobby Lobby
- Where You Go I Will Go Art Print // The Anastasia Co (custom 16 x 20 size)
- Large Basket // Rush Market
- Throw Blanket // Rush Market
- Planter Set // Rush Market
- Mirror // Rush Market
- Candles // Wax Buffalo
- Glass Jug // Thrifted
- Wood Bead Garland // Prairie in Bloom
- Pampas Grass // Piccolo’s Florist
Coffee Table Accessories + Floor Decor
- Floor Lamp // Rush Market
- Rug // Rush Market
- Pouf // Amazon
- Modern Bowl // Target
- Bead Garland // Target
- Framed Art // DIY
- Wall Frames // Hobby Lobby