Going to the grocery store this time of year is almost better than going to the candy store. There are so many colorful, fresh fruit choices – making a decision isn’t easy.
When Family Fare invited me to attend the grand opening of a new location in Omaha, this presented the perfect opportunity to whip up a delicious batch of Quinoa Fruit Salad.
During my visit, what really caught my attention was the Living Well section located next to the produce. From superfoods and organic options to beauty products and vitamins, the Living Well section is a one-stop shop for healthy living essentials.
Since I’m a sucker for discounts and freebies, I was also stoked to find out about the Yes Card. This loyalty program offers personalized savings and tons of perks!
After selecting a gorgeous mix of fresh fruit and basil, I found the perfect bag of tri-color quinoa from the Living Well section to add to the fruit salad. Combining strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and mango with a hint of basil and honey-lime glaze tastes so right.
This Quinoa Fruit Salad recipe makes an awesome breakfast snack or side dish for your next shindig!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 mango, diced
- 1½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Prepare quinoa as directed, and let cool to room temperature. (1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water)
- Combine mango, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and quinoa in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and lime juice to make the honey-lime glaze.
- Pour glaze over the fruit mixture and gently stir.
- Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
This post was created in partnership with Family Fare. All opinions are my own.