As seen in Green Craft Magazine, Summer 2018
Add a little character to your books and journals with vintage button bookmarks! If you’re looking to put your button collection to good use, these bookmarks are the perfect way to enjoy those beautiful gems in a functional way. They also make great gifts for the bookworms in your life.
This is a super simple DIY that only takes a few minutes! I’m using them to keep track of pages in my planner – I love that my favorite buttons are no longer buried in a jar.
What you’ll need
- Vintage buttons (Consider selecting a few that have a similar color palette, or mix it up and go for an eclectic look!)
- Paper clips
- Hot glue gun
1. Cut felt into squares slightly larger than the size of your button.
2. For buttons with a shank, thread the button onto the paper clip until it’s sitting at the top of the loop. For buttons without a shank, simply place the paper clip where you’d like it to lay. Add a thin coat of hot glue to the back of the button + paperclip, and place your felt square on the glue. Hold until it sets.
3. Trim the felt from around the edges of the button, until the felt is slightly smaller than the size of the button – This will make it so the felt can’t be seen from the front.
4. Finally, use your button bookmarks to hold your place! In addition to books, these are also perfect for marking your page in notebooks, planners, and binders.