Two ingredients is all it takes to add a stunning touch to your cocktails and desserts. When it comes to preparing the perfect garnish, it’s all in the details. Something about a pretty drink makes it taste even more delicious – am I right? It’s science, pretty sure. These sugared cranberries can be made in just a few easy steps, and they’re sure to add some extra lovely to any recipe. To call them little bursts of sugar would be an understatement. They’re sweet, very sweet.
How to Make Sugared Cranberries
- 12 oz bag of cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
1. Make a simple syrup by combining equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan. Set the heat to medium-low, and occasionally stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove the pan from heat, and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
3. Add cranberries to the pan, and gently stir until evenly coated. It works well to do this in two separate batches.
4. Use a slotted spoon to carefully place the cranberries on a cooling rack or tray.
5. Place a piece of foil or a pan underneath to catch any drips.
6. Let the cranberries dry for about an hour. This will allow them to become sticky and ready for sugar.
7. Take a handful of cranberries and place them in a dish of sugar. Gently roll until coated, and return to rack.