In need of a quick and easy appetizer? Think twice before grabbing the chips and salsa – these Italian Bread Bites are perfect for game day or any time you need to whip up a tasty snack in a time crunch. Not only are they simple to make, but they’re way healthy and packed full of flavor. The secret ingredient? Greek yogurt. By using Chobani’s Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt as a base, calories are minimal and protein takes the lead. Now that’s a win.
Healthy Italian Bread Bites
Prep time: 10 min | Bake time: 10 min
- 1 French baguette or mini Italian bread loaf
- 1 5.3 oz container of Chobani Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Italian salad dressing mix
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
*Makes approx. 40 slices – based on 20 in. loaf[/column] [column size=”1/2″]
|Serving Size 3 slices|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Slice bread into ½ inch pieces.
- Add 1 tsp Italian salad dressing mix to container of yogurt and stir. This will be the Italian spread.
- Spread the Italian spread onto each slice of bread and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Pop into the oven for 10 min.
- Once the bread is toasted, add another layer of Italian spread to each slice.
- Top with a leaf of basil and sliced grape or cherry tomatoes and serve!