In recent posts, we’ve shared 8 reasons why you should start journaling and 8 different ways you can use a journal.
It’s safe to say journaling is an essential part of my business, my spiritual walk and my personal life. I firmly believe writing down what’s on our minds and our hearts can be healing and helpful in so many ways!
Even if you’re eager to write, sometimes it can be hard to get started. You just sat down with a cup of coffee, a fresh page and the perfect pen. You pick up the pen, and…nothing. Not sure where to begin? Don’t panic – it happens to everyone! In those situations, it’s helpful to have a good journaling prompt or two up your sleeve.
20 Journaling Prompt Ideas
We’ve listed a few thoughtful journaling prompt ideas for you here.
Bonus: These writing ideas also make great conversation starters when getting to know someone on a deeper level!
If you’re in a need of a home for all of your brilliant thoughts, we have several cute journals and notebooks in the shop!
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
- Where does your mind wander to when you daydream?
- What are five ways to win your heart?
- What does a perfect morning look like to you?
- List 10 songs that can change your mood.
- What quote, verse, or lyric has inspired you most recently?
- What is your first memory?
- If you had to choose one word to describe yourself, what would it be, and why?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- List five of the most impactful books you’ve ever read.
- If you could play a character in any movie, who would you be?
- What is a new skill that you want to learn, and why?
- Where do you envision yourself in one year?
- What goal are you currently working towards?
- What are you most thankful for today?
- Who has influenced you the most in your life, and how?
- Where is the next place you’d like to travel?
- What qualities do you admire most in others?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why?
- What is your idea of ‘home’?
Hopefully a few of these ideas will have you itching to pick up a pen and get started! It’s also a good idea to write prompts down as you find new inspiration. That way, if you’re ever stuck, you can get the creativity flowing again.
Don’t forget to visit the shop to find the perfect journal to get started!
If you find the words still aren’t coming to you, go for a walk. Sometimes it helps to just take a break from what you’re working on. Try to take your mind off of whatever you’re trying to write. Simply looking at the page with fresh eyes can solve more problems than you think! So, pick out a few of these ideas and get started.
Be the first to comment