This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. #7UPUPGRADE #Contest
One of my resolutions for the year is to spend more evenings at home with friends and loved ones. Not only does this make your budget happy, but it fosters more focused, meaningful conversations. Inviting others into your home is a gesture from the heart and a sure way to strengthen relationships.
When 7UP and Hy-Vee® invited me to throw a social night, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to host an indoor picnic! This is something that has been on my list for awhile. Indoor picnics are an extremely simple way to do something different at home with items you already have. It can be as elaborate or as simple as you’d like.
With 7UP as the key ingredient, this Pineapple Spritzer Cocktail was the staple of the night. 7UP is best known for its crisp, refreshing nature. However, the versatility of this beverage also makes it the perfect mixer for delicious cocktails.
- 2 parts Regular 7UP
- 1 part ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1 part pineapple juice
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh pineapple, sliced
- crushed ice
- Muddle fresh mint leaves and fresh pineapple at the bottom of a high-ball glass.
- Add crushed ice, 7UP, ginger beer, and pineapple juice. Stir.
- Top with fresh mint leaves for garnish, and enjoy!
For a well-balanced mix, consider serving a variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, breads, meats, cheeses, and crackers.
This indoor picnic included: grapes, blueberries, pineapple, mixed nuts, cucumber slices, ham slices, French bread, cheddar slices, prosciutto-wrapped cheese sticks, and tomato salad with mozzarella and basil. (Recipe here!)
Step one: Gather your favorite decorative throws and pillows.
Step two: Toss them on the floor!
Mixing textures and patterns is a fun way to add interest and character. The prints don’t have to coordinate. After all, mismatched is super trendy right now. ;)
Include a few candles in your spread to add a touch of coziness. Bring the outdoors in with plants and flowers. Greenery always makes the space feel complete. Another idea would be to add a little sparkle with some string lights. A vintage picnic basket doubles as decor and a functional, mini table.
A cutting board makes an ideal surface for all of the snack items. Chargers, bowls, and small dishes are also necessary pieces for easy dining. Mixing wood and metallic finishes adds contrasting detail. Serving chilled water in a carafe also makes dining more enjoyable by saving trips to the kitchen.
And there you have it! By simply gathering a few items from around your home, you now have a fun date night or family activity without breaking the bank.
There are several other easy ways to kick up a social night at home with 7UP as the foundation for entertaining. Bring family and friends together for:
- game night
- backyard cookout
- movie night
- book club
- taco night
- karaoke night
$1,000 Hy-Vee gift card giveaway
Hy-Vee is giving you the chance to win a $1,000 gift card to host your own social night!
Here are the details:
- You must be 21 years of age or older to enter
- Runs from 2/12/17 – 3/11/17
- Open to residents of IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, SD, WI
- Create a Pin Board titled, “#MY7UPUPGRADE”
- Pin at least 10 inspirational images or articles that you’d like to use for your next social night. At least 5 of those pins must include 7UP in the image or article.
- All pins must include #MY7UPUPGRADE #Contest in the text
- Register your board at www.7UP.com/Hy-Vee
- You’ll be entered to win a $1,000 Hy-Vee gift card to host your next social night!
- All qualified entrants will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on creativity and best aligning with the 7UP brand.